It seems I was channeling my inner Seuss with this one. I went a bit whimsical, inspired by the square and rectangle dies. Seeing them, I was immediately reminded of presents!
I turned the pic of my older daughter into a gift by cutting small red “ribbon” strips and using a puffy flower for the bow.
For my younger daughter’s photo, I added some shaker topping happiness. She watched me make this layout and was absolutely delighted. “Balls!,” she exclaimed. I love that the shaker kits add such personality to any page I add them to. It makes scrapbooking for my kiddos all the more fun.
For this bitty gift, I added a little pen detailing to create the ribbon and gift tag, using the tag as a place to date the event. While its red counterpart is decked out in a few small gems.
A button made this bow a bit more interesting.
I turned the final gift into a spot for my journaling by layering lined paper over the polka dots. I like how this allowed me to incorporate my words without disrupting the scene I was trying to set.
“Wrapping” these presents was as fun as wrapping the gifts beneath our tree. I just love how it put me in a holiday frame of mind. Speaking of tree, to cut the tree on my page, I first cut one half of the triangle from a 6x6 sheet of paper.
To ensure the other side of the tree would match/be even, I simply folded the cut portion over at the halfway point and used it as a guide to finish, ahem, trimming the tree. ;)
I wanted to add a bit of texture to the tree’s base, so I used a border punch to create the wave pattern, which also had small holes in tis design—just right for a bit of stitching!
Of course, what’s a tree without its baubles? Buttons and bling were just the ticket! This included a hanging ornament at the base of the tree. I suppose I was channeling a little Schultz, too.
For the star, I used the foam piece of the shaker in a way I haven’t before. I added glitter to its sticky side.
I had such fun making glittered stickers that I did the same with the heart. First, I peeled back the protective film (only on one side of this double-sided sticker). Then, I added the glitter, making sure to really push it in place with my finger to help it set. The adhesive on these foam pieces is so sturdy that this technique worked beautifully.
Putting a page like this together is such fun with the many Queen bling options! What a treat it is that the accents are on sale for Black Friday! Seems the perfect surprise to fill those stockings. I bet your crafty pals would be all about a sock stuffed with such shine. Or you can tip Santa off that this is on your own wish list. ;) I have no doubt you’re on the Nice list. You are a crafter, after all.
All supplies used are from Queen & Co. unless otherwise noted.
- 6x6 Stripes Paper Pad: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/6x6-paper-pads
- 6x6 Dots Paper Pad: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/6x6-paper-pads
- green Pearls: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/pearls
- Button Bouquet II Red: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/round-buttons
- Button Bouquet II Green: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/round-buttons
- Blossoms Green: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/blossoms
- Rhinestones Snowflake: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/rhinestones
- Pop Ups Rectangle Foam: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/pop-up-shakers
- Pop Ups Square Foam: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/pop-up-shakers
- Pop Ups Star Foam: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/pop-up-shakers
- Pop Ups Heart Foam: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/pop-up-shakers
- Pop Up Dies — 8 Rectangles: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/pop-up-dies
- Pop Up Dies — 8 Squares: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/pop-up-dies
- Topping Set Pops: https://www.queenandcompany.com/collections/toppings/products/pops-topping-set?variant=35669451471
- Sheer Glue: https://www.queenandcompany.com/products/scrap-happy-sheer-glue
OTHER SUPPLIES USED:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Letter Stickers, Glitter: American Crafts; Pen: Marvy Uchida; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, Therm O Web; Die Cut Machine: Sizzix